Pan-fried Duck Breast with Orange Sauce
2 pieces French duck breast
½ orange zest (shredded)
100 ml orange juice
150 ml white wine
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsps Cointreau wine
1 tsp chopped parsley
salt & crushed black pepper
1 carrot (peeled and diced)
8 white mushrooms (diced)
8 shallots (skinned)
100 ml water
50 ml orange juice
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsps butter
(1) Rinse French duck breast and removed tendons.
(2) Heat the pan briefly. Add 1 tsp of butter and white mushrooms. Stir-fry over medium heat until golden brown. Season and set aside.
(3) Put carrot dices into the same pan. Add water, orange juice, sugar and butter. Season with salt and cook over low heat for about 8 minutes. Put in whole shallots and cook until dry. Return the fried mushrooms and mix well. Set aside.
(4) Heat the pan over medium heat. Fry duck breast (with its skin facing down) until fragrant. Turn upside down and fry the other side until fragrant. Sprinkle over seasoning and dish up.
(5) Remove excess oil from the pan. Add sugar and cook until slightly caramelised. Put in orange zest, orange juice and white wine. Ignite the fire and cook briefly. Place in the duck breast (with its skin facing up) and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickened. Add Cointreau wine and ignite the fire again. Season.
(6) Pour the condiments into the pan and cook briefly. Sprinkle with parsley. Remove from heat. Set aside for a while. Take up the duck breast and slice. Serve with the condiments and sauce.
This recipe uses frozen raw duck breast and do not mix up with smoked one.